Light Oaks Junior School Uniform
- grey or black skirt or trousers (no leggings or tracksuit pants)
- white shirt/blouse or polo shirt, which must be tucked in
- royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- Black trainers without logos (not expensive ones please)
- white, black or grey socks or tights
- A blue gingham school dress or formal black or grey shorts can be worn in the Summer
- Plain black or blue track-suit for cold weather, trainers, white T-shirt which can be worn on PE days
- PLEASE NOTE: football shirts are not allowed, and expensive kit with logos is discouraged
JEWELLERY & OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Only a watch is allowed in school
- black, blue or neutral hair accessories are preferred
- No earrings please. We follow the advice set out by Salford Local Authority and the Primary Schools Sport Partnership. We suggest that children have their ears pierced at the beginning of the Summer break, or just before it, which will give them 6 weeks to heal. Children who have to keep earrings in for medical reasons must cover them with surgical tape throughout the day and they will not be allowed to do PE while the earrings are in. Teachers cannot remove or replace earrings for children. Please be aware that it is a legal requirement for your child to follow the curriculum - including the PE curriculum and children who have earrings in for more than six weeks will be missing a whole half term of this subject. We will ask for medical proof (i.e. a doctor's note) if a child misses a large amount of PE due to wearing earrings.
- No make-up, nail varnish or false nails.
SCHOOL BAGS & BOTTLES
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are not allowing school bags.
- All children receive a free water bottle at the start of Year 3. Replacements can be purchased from the office if they are misplaced.
Please Label your child's clothing, as items regularly go missing! A biro works just as well as expensive clothing labels or laundry markers.