Light Oaks Junior School Uniform
- grey or black skirt or trousers (no leggings or tracksuit pants)
- white shirt/blouse or polo shirt, which must be tucked in
- royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan
- Black, flat heeled shoes or boots. (No heels, strappy sandals or trainers with coloured markings)
- white, black or grey socks or tights
- A blue gingham school dress or formal black or grey shorts can be worn in the Summer
- INDOOR: plain black or blue shorts with a white T-shirt. (pumps are not required for PE, but can be provided for getting to adn from the Hall)
- OUTDOOR: plain black or blue track-suit for cold weather, trainers, white T-shirt
- PLEASE NOTE: football shirts are not allowed, and expensive kit with logos is discouraged
JEWELLERY & OTHER ACCESSORIES
- Only a watch is allowed in school
- black, blue or neutral hair accessories are preferred
- No earrings please. We follow the advice set out by Salford Local Authority and the Primary Schools Sport Partnership. We suggest that children have their ears pierced at the beginning of the Summer break, or just before it, which will give them 6 weeks to heal. Children who have to keep earrings in for medical reasons must cover them with surgical tape throughout the day and they will not be allowed to do PE while the earrings are in. Teachers cannot remove or replace earrings for children. Please be aware that it is a legal requirement for your child to follow the curriculum - including the PE curriculum and children who have earrings in for more than six weeks will be missing a whole half term of this subject. We will ask for medical proof (i.e. a doctor's note) if a child misses a large amount of PE due to wearing earrings.
- No make-up, nail varnish or false nails.
SCHOOL BAGS & BOTTLES
- Due to limited storage space, we cannot accommodate large bags in school. Bags need to fit in school trays and should be no bigger than 27cm x 36cm x 8cm
- Book bags are available from the office and are the perfect size. These are now free and compulsory in Year 3 and 4.
- PE kits need to be in small, drawstring bags or plastic bags, not sport's holdalls or backpacks. These are also available from the school office and are also free and compulsory in Year 3 & 4.
- All children receive a free water bottle at the start of Year 3. Replacements can be purchased from the office if they are misplaced.
Please Label your child's clothing, as items regularly go missing! A biro works just as well as expensive clothing labels or laundry markers.