- Gov.uk Information about all of the Government's services and policies. There is a link to information about schools and education, with details about your rights and responsibilities.
- Department for Education. This site includes all the information which is used by schools to develop the curriculum, school policy and planning for the future.
- Family Lives. A national charity that works for, and with, parents. Offers free 24 hour parents helpline, providing parenting advice and parental guidance, on a wide range of parenting issues.
- Family and Childcare Trust. A charity which aims to make the UK a better place for families, through research, campaigning and information provision, and working with government, employers and parents to reduce pressures on family life.
- BBC parenting site. A huge resource from the BBC which covers all aspects of parenting.
- The Fatherhood Institute. A charity which aims to support father's relationships with their children.
Specialised parent support and information
- deafparent.org.uk A central resources of information for Deaf parents and professionals working with Deaf parents.
- pih.org.uk People in Harmony celebrates multicultural living and is the national charity for mixed race families, couples and individuals.
- The Disabled Parent's Network A national organisation for disabled people who are parents, their families, friends and supporters.
- napac.org.uk A national organization to support people abused in childhood.
- One Space. A charity set up to support one parent families.
- onlydads.org Website for single dads onlymums.org OnlyMums, in partnership with professionals across the country, is here to give you practical, comprehensive and up-to-date information
- advice now. An independent, not-for-profit website providing accurate, up-to-date information on rights and legal issues.
- cafcass.gov.uk Cafcass looks after the interest of children in family proceedings. They work with children and their families and then advise the courts on what they consider to be in the best interests of individual children.
- childrenslegalcentre.com A free and confidential legal advice and information service, covering all aspects of the law affecting children and young people.
Health and Special Needs
- The Rainbow Trust A charity which supports families in England who have a child aged 0-18 years of age with a life threatening or terminal illness. They support the whole family 24/7, 365 days a year, regardless of diagnosis.
- ndcs.org.uk The national deaf Children's Society is an organisation of parents, families and carers which exists to support parents of deaf and partially deaf children.
- nas.org.uk We champion the rights and interests of all people with autism and aim to provide individuals with autism and their families with help, support and services that they can access, trust and rely upon and which can make a positive difference to their lives.
- bdadyslexia.org.uk The BDA works to ensure that ALL people with dyslexia fulfil their potential. To achieve this we need to create change, set standards and support and enable people. It is the voice of dyslexic people; it listens to their views, represents their agendas and presses for long lasting sustainable change.
- Young Minds. The UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.
- The Cerebral Palsy Group Online resources for anyone who has been affected by Cerebral Palsy.
Keeping Children Safe
- Think! Road safety information for parents and children including some games and videos to watch.
- bullying.co.uk Bullying UK is the new name for the award-winning charity Bullying Online which was founded in 1999 by journalist Liz Carnell from Harrogate and her son John, as a direct result of their experience of dealing with school bullying, which included taking successful legal action against an education authority.
- beatbullying.org Beat bullying work tirelessly to affect that attitudinal change in those that bully, working with them on taking responsibility and a sense of ownership over their actions, building those foundations for change and improvement in chances and opportunities.
- nccuk.org.uk Charity that provides practical services aimed at improving the quality of life of marginalised children and families.
- barnardos.org.uk Barnardos helps disadvantaged children reach their full potential.
General Learning Support & Advice
- parentsintouch.co.uk Education and information site for parents.
- BBC Parents support for learning including ineractive activities and home leasing opportunities.
- unicef.org/crc Sets out the human rights of children and standards to which all governments must aspire to meet those rights.
Forms & Letters